Este sitio utiliza cookies propias y de terceros para su funcionamiento,para mantener la sesión y personalizar la experiencia del usuario, así como para obtener estadísticas anónimas de uso de la web. Para saber mas sobre el uso de las cookies y como borrarlas visite nuestra politica de cookies.


Calendario de Eventos

Junio 2018
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30


If you are a foreign citizen in Spain you need an NIE number on economic transactions (Foreigners nie 01Identification Number) and for example for:

  • buying a property
  • to buy a car
  • to open a bank account
  • contract Internet or a telephone line
  • register on the Town Hall Padron population list
  • take out insurance and apply for a loan or a mortgage
  • to work in Spain

The NIE is a white sheet and it looks like this one on the right side.

You can apply for the NIE at Torre del Mar Police Station (Comisaría). Each adult must go in person. Children do not need to go. Please be there before 08:00 AM as there are no appointments. You can return next day or any other day to collect it from 13:00 to 14:00. Anyone can collect it presenting the copy of the application form.

The Torre del Mar Police Station is in Avenida de Andalucía 55, Torre del Mar, Monday to Fridays from 8:30 to 14:00. If needed, you can call the Police Station on +34 952 96 50 85

If you are going to stay in Spain for more than 6 months and you intend to live here, then you should apply for the Green Resident Card that also the NIE number included.

Another images for NIE or Resident card

nie 02

NIE forms available at Frigiliana Foreigner department

There are 2 forms to apply for the NIE available in Town Hall or downloadable on Internet following the links below:

  • Application form EX-15

Fill the form and choose option: Asignación de Número de Identidad de Extranjero (NIE) a instancia del interesado

Price: 9,54€

Documents to present

  • Passport or Identity Card + 1 copy
  • Application form EX-15 + 1 copy
  • Bank Payment 790 form for 9,54€

 Children under 21 years old

Present a Birth Certificate stating the names of the parents. If it is not in a multilingual version including Spanish, it must be legalized or have an apostille stamp from your country and then, translated by a sworn translator.

British citizens can legalize at Other countries, ask your Consulate.  At the Foreign Department we have a list of sworn translators in the area. 

Bank Payment Mod.790

Go to any bank in Frigiliana with the form filled and downloaded to pay the receipt before going to the Police Station. Some banks may have payment days and schedule before 10:30 in the morning.

NIE Renewal or duplicate

Even though some certificates state on the left bottom part that it will only last for 3 months, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO RENEW IT. Normally, you will always have to present a copy to any public office that asks for an NIE. There is an exception, Tráfico. The Traffic Department will ask for an up to date NIE certificate to buy a car. In this case, apply for a duplicate at Torre del Mar Police station.

Documentation to present: application form EX-15 (original and copy), the bank payment form for 10,71€ and a copy of passport or identity card and original.

Return next day to collect it from 13:30 to 14:00.

Legal warning

The information contained in this guide has a merely informative nature, and generates no rights, expectations or responsibilities whatsoever for the Frigiliana Town Hall.

Do not hesitate to contact the foreign department in case of doubts at  or come in to Town Hall from Tuesday to Friday from 09:00 to 14:00


logo turismo bn

logo ff3c bn
logo museo bn
logo tour bn
logo en tu mano bn